Bath Aqua Glass

Tuesday 2 March 2010

Making Of A Stained Glass Window and a Mamma Mia Wedding

Annette Martin speaking.....

When I tell people my daughter is getting married in a mountain village in Corsica they all exclaim MAMMA MIA!

I got quite defensive in the beginning but thinking about it I did meet my daughter's father in the 70's pure ABBA time and i will be attending the wedding with my not so new partner. My ex-husband did not know his Corsican family until me and my present partner Adrian (alias Mr Darcy) found them on a holiday to Corsica. They are fantastic and my daughter loves them dearly. The village of Pruno is a shory drive south of Bastia in the chestnut land which is true Corsican heartlands.

We are making a stained glass window for the village church. The window depicts a pregnant Virgin Mary the night before she gives birth with a Corsican landscape behind her. The window will go in the week before the wedding which is on the 10th April. We will be singing English songs and the Corsicans will be singing their national songs. It looks to be a wonderful wedding with all sorts of characters. My ex-husband has met all the corsican family but is yet to meet his mother there is a lot of family pain and we are hoping the wedding wll bring everyone together.

Watch this space......

No comments:

Post a Comment